Thursday 25 October 2012

Twenty One Years

Twenty One Years is the title for a book I'm working on, not how long it's going to take me to finish.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find they get waylaid by domestic chores . . . . for the last couple of days I've been working on a print for a book, and I've got to the stage where all I need to do is one more cut and then print the final colour.

But do I do that? 

Well, not when the hens need feeding and a bit of a chit chat, the dogs want a walk, or when the apples need stacking??!

What else . . . oh anything I can think of other than print! I'm surprised I didn't stop to wash the kitchen floor which actually does need some attention.

It's madness really. I know I've been fretting about my colour choices because I even dream of trying various combinations. I should be here in the Shed making work, not twiddling about in the garden.

The lovely first stage, a simple single colour, bright and jewel like.
The bright jewel like colours are not my usual choice, so I've moved a tiny way away from my comfort zone, and feeling slightly trepidatious, the second colour goes on.
So, this morning found me looking at last night's cutting away and not wanting to think about another colour so I high tailed it outside . . . the best place for me to be as that's where I do my thinking . .
. . . I finished and wet prints are hanging up to dry, more photos to follow.

I did, however, finish the Tangled springtime print. 

The four images below show the progression from first, to final idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment