Thursday 26 April 2012

The Yorkshire Wolds

Today I received the booking confirmation from Discovery Travel for accommodation (and baggage transfer!) for our summer walk - The Yorkshire Wolds Way - so, no going back. . . . 77 miles in a week and actually, I can't wait!

The seeds of this idea where sown back in January when Country File featured the Yorkshire Wolds, and consolidated when my friend (Ms D) and I saw the Hockney exhibition in March.

Irresistible, Fortnum and Mason, opposite Burlington House. Oh the joy of a smart phone, as needless to say I'd left my camera on the kitchen worktop in my haste to get to the station in time for an early train.
Typical London street scene - apart from the blue skies and sunshine, before the hosepipe ban of course . . . . ?
Hockney's work is so luscious.
April 2010 I fell in love with the Yorkshire Dales, so how could I not want to see the Yorkshire Wolds for myself?





No comments:

Post a Comment