Friday 17 December 2010

A present to myself!

I'm feeling very happy this afternoon. I've just hung a fantastic new piece of work, (a little treat to myself) a broadside from the Al-Mutanabbi Street Broadsides Tour printed by Andy Gossett with poem by Adnan Mahsen. 

A special event was held on Thursday 9th December including exhibition, readings and an auction of broadsides for Médecins Sans Frontières, in the library at UWE

Luckily for me no one else bid for this piece - my best buy of the year

Al-Mutanabbi Street Broadsides Tour Winter 2010
The al-Mutanabbi Street Coalition project was created as an arts community response to the car bombing of al-Mutanabbi street, and has been organising readings and events since April 2007 to fundraise for Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF). 

All 130 broadsides created for the project can be viewed at the Florida Atlantic University/Jaffe Center for Book Arts site. 



Now hanging in our hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment